Monday, April 09, 2012

Notes on education as instrument of colonisation

As I was reading through Aboriginal Knowledge Narratives and Country By Payi Linda Ford I emailed it's title to Chet Bowers, who I thought would have interest and comment based on what I've read of his work recently. Chet replied with a number of related texts, and with permission I have copied his comments into a Wikiversity page, to make notes on the beginnings of a reading list around the topics of Education as an instrument of colonisation. Hopefully these notes will help others to find their way into this dense and complicated area, and I will aim to update them as I get through the readings, and with whatever else it connects me to. I'm thinking these notes will be of some use to Matthew Stinar, who I exchanged words with on Twitter recently.

No comments: