Sunday, April 08, 2012

Aboriginal Knowledge Narratives and Country

Aboriginal Knowledge Narratives & Country: Marri kunkimba putj putj marrideyan - eContent Management

After introducing myself to some people over morning tea a few weeks ago, mentioning my ongoing questioning of our industrial strength, state education system, I was given this book that has been recently published.

I'm past the introductions and am finding it most interesting.

The intention of the author is to find a better middle ground between the knowledge traditions of her country in the North West of Australia's Northern Territory, and that of an oppressive system handed down to everyone from our nation state.

I'm very interested to find the synergies with such concerns, between those from indigenous culture and my own, which is obviously from within the culture of that nation state, but where I think many others feel the opression and dispossession also.

No comments: