Tuesday, November 09, 2010

A proposal to UC Marketing

About a month ago, Stuart and a colleague who's name I forget (and not Lili in the video below), popped in from UC Marketing to talk about ideas for marketing the University of Canberra online. I think they wanted to talk more about a proposal I wrote to them quite a few months ago. As usual, I rambled across all sorts of areas and issues, poor Stuart and his colleague were no doubt overwhelmed. One thing they did take away though, was the suggestion to ask the Internet - via Youtube, for ideas.

Now, that's a pretty disingenuous suggestion for me to make to someone who has not yet developed an online network, meaning they will ask, but answers will not come. But they have to start somewhere, and we're hoping there will be at least a handful of people in UC, with suggestions and readiness to use the Internet to demonstrate their ideas, and start building some presence and engagement on the social media channels...

Almost 2 weeks later, and only 35 views of their video, hopefully they're asking themselves some important questions. I myself am asking where the hell are those 2 or three others in UC with ideas? Sigh...

Anyway, here's the original question on Youtube:



And here's my response:



If you have ideas about online marketing of an Australian university, please record something to Youtube and comment it in to them. Perhaps even point out other videos already on Youtube...

2 comments:

James Neill said...

I went to make a #marketing ideas video but then realised that the standard UC laptop doesn't have a microphone and the standard UC desktop doesn't have webcam or microphone - sorry #marketing, but we need 21st century gear issue to participate in 21st ideas. Suggestion: Give us the tools.

Leigh Blackall said...

I would suggest BYO James, and get a better tax return for it.

Otherwise, if you are deadset on using UC gear, upgrade. The standard laptop issued these days has 2 cams on board.

I'll lend you mine to make a suggestion, because I think that is way more doable and important here.