Sunday, August 20, 2006

Konrad goes back to progressive discourse

Its always nice to read Konrad's reflections on blogging in his classrooms. This time he has 3 tips for teachers trying to create a learning community, the first being:

Teacher as Learner

Learning to transform my classroom practice was very difficult and I certainly don’t want to sound like someone who believes he has mastered this difficult new role of a teacher in a networked environment. I think I did well but I still have a lot to learn about what it means to be “dethroned” by a community of bloggers. It was a very difficult process and had a profound impact on my understanding of professional development. I had to learn how to learn with my students, how to become a learner and, yes, how to stop teaching. When I say stop teaching, I, of course, refer to the transmission mode of teaching. I was still teaching as a learner/participant but it was very different.


Creative Commons Licence

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons (Attribution) license.



No comments: