Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Teach and Learn Online now in French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Japanese, Korean and Chinese (Simplified).

Recently I posted my attempts to get a Google translate link for multiple languages at the foot of each post. It wasn't working and I was at a loss how to fix it with my embarrassingly limited knowledge of code. Then Jo Kay came in and saved my day with an excellent link to step by step instructions that even the lamest bloggerliterate person could follow!

I opted for the WorldLingo option, and it really was as simple as copying the code on offer, and pasting it straight into the blogger template, anywhere between the tags. Then its just a matter of hitting preview a few times to get it in the spot you want it.

Many thanks Jo! And very pleased to have found yet another Australian eduBlogger blogging openly about her work.

Creative Commons Licence

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons (Attribution) license.


Jo Kay said...

Congrats on your smooth transition to multi-lingual, Leigh (and thanks for the plug!)! I guess the next step is doing some testing with some native speakers to ascertain how reliable the WorldLingo tools are. Sure to be interesting!

Anyway, you've inspired me to get off my digital butt - I'm working on getting translations happening on stuff:ED as we speak!

RE: Blended/Networked Learning - I'd love to get some dynamic links happening between us. Especially since this really fits in with some of the discussions I've been having with Steven about how we can create a network of edubloggers for the Illawarra Institute in 2006. Keep me posted!

Frank Rob said...


The tinurl.com link is not redirecting me to the step by step tutorial.

Can you please post the original link where you found the translation tutorial. I want to do it in my blog also.


Leigh Blackall said...

that's strange, it works this end... here tis: http://labnol.blogspot.com/2005/11/add-language-translation-to-website.html