Sunday, January 08, 2006

TALO Swap Meet 2006

I'm not very good with timing, and its probably not the most perfect time to post this request, but hey, I don't mind repeating myself, and we do have to think about funding.

If you don't know already, there is an eGroup attached to this blog. It is quite active. It's the reason why the comments to the posts here are not so active.

More photos from the TALO SwapMeet05
Anyway, we (the TALO eGroup) had our first face to face meeting up here in the Blue Mountains of NSW Australia a few months ago, and those who made it really enjoyed it. We all agreed that we should do it again sometime.

I want us to start talking about that "again sometime" in the hope that we can settle a date and place soon, so people can have time to apply for funding to be there. Alex Hayes has already nominated Hong Kong in late August as he's preferred location, for reasons to do with HK being a pretty central port for international participation. I'm pretty excited by that myself, but suspect there are many equally impressive suggestions out there.

So, let's start the ball rolling.

  • Do we want a TALO Swap Meet 06?
  • Why have a TALO Swap Meet 06?
  • Who's coming to it and how?
  • What things might we do for it?


I will keep track of ideas and stuff at the TALO SwapMeet 06 Wiki



Creative Commons Licence

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons (Attribution) license.



2 comments:

Sean said...

It's late, so here are a few quick thoughts:

I think it's a great idea. It's still valid and valuable to get together for a f2f meeting. We need more time than we had in 2005. More discussioons, more streams (LAN gaming parties left me cold). I think Hong Kong is a big call. I doubt whether I'd be interested in going to HK. I think it would make more sense to acccept that TALO has an Aussie focus (and probably an east coast focus at that) and make arrangements that suit the locals.

Michael said...

Yeah, I'm with Sean on this one. I mean, it's a bit selfish on my part, but i'd rather not leave Fran on her own with 2 kids for a night at the moment... so, somewhere sydney-ish would suite me best... but otherwise I'll definitely participate online!