Monday, January 16, 2006

Google Translate now straight out of this blog

I while back I noticed Eide NeuroLearning Blog using some fancy code at the bottom of each of their blog posts offering links to see a post in a range of languages. I emailed the good doctors asking for a copy of their code, the next day I had it. Now I have that tricky feature as well, but not in the languages I would prefer to be offering. Personally I'd rather Chinese Simplified, Thai, Indonesian, Arabic, Spanish, and French - just to name 6. At the moment I'm just testing it. I need to tweak it, fix the spacing, make sure it reliably works etc. frankly I wouldn't know where to start! But I like the idea.

I have to write back the the good doctors and ask them for the attribution for this code. Perhaps the original author could help me..

2 comments:

Jo Kay said...

Interesting! I've been thinking about translation tools for my blog a bit lately too.

We've had a number of international vistors @ my workplace, and it'd be great to be able to network with them via blogs easily. And, what with your very valid points about sharing info/resources with those Brazillian open-source heros, I'm even more convinced! Portuguese anyone?

A little while back I found some interesting info @ Digital Inspiration. But I've been too lazy/sidetracked by other stuff to figure out how good these translation tools are. So, I'll be interested to hear about the results of your translation experiments! ;-)

Thanks for an always inspiring read, Leigh!

alexanderhayes said...

Check how google is now an integrated function for mobile tech. located at http://del.icio.us/mlearning