Monday, October 17, 2005

"That's when the growth came back"

Why don't we have more speakers like this in Oz? Probably because we don't have things like PopTech - or if we do, I have no one to sponsor my ticket into the audience.

I downloaded this vid sample of Douglas Rushkov speaking at Poptech after reading somewhere in my bloglines about it. Thanks whoever you were, sorry I can't link to you, I since lost your post while waiting for the download...

Anyway, Rushkov's Poptech talk sample is well worth a veiwing, as are his other movies. And I can't wait to see a copy of his new comic coming out too!

1 comment:

Graham said...

I agree - Rushkoff is very engaging. I've seen the PopTech video, the link I followed was from Weblogg-Ed. Haven't checked the others out but the video just makes me wish I had seen the whole thing. Why don't we have our own homegrown talent here in Australia like this? I don't want to sit through any more brain theory stuff anymore - could someone like Douglas Rushkoff be enticed down under to talk to Web 2.0 educators if the venue and event was right?