Robyn Jay posted to the EdNA group for Learnscope (closed) a link to Writely, a new (beta) web based word processor.
What does Writely do?
Writely allows you to edit documents online with whomever you choose, and then publish them online -- also for whomever you choose.
How is it different than a wiki?
For one thing, it has permissions, so that you can invite only you choose to edit or view your documents. For another, it's easy to use. ;)
Why should I try it?
Because it's new and cool! Seriously, though, if you need any of the features mentioned below, then this could be the tool you've been looking for.
What can I do with it?
* Upload Word documents, HTML or text (or create documents from scratch).
* Use our simple WSIWYG editor to format your documents.
* Edit documents online with whomever you choose.
* View your documents' complete revision history and roll back to any version.
* Publish documents online to the world, or to just who you choose.
* Download documents to your desktop as Word, HTML or zip.
The screen grabs look good, but I haven't tried it yet. If it has spell check and image load then I'm sold. Also it'd be good if it creates PDF and is usable on a PDA...