Thursday, September 15, 2005

Macquarie Uni gets $200 000 for open source

Picked this up in Google's ads on my Gmail:

Macquarie University's e-Learning centre has been awarded a Federal grant of $200,000 to develop a service for providing information about open source software.


My guess is that this will go into their LAMS project, and not as broadly as is made out in the SMH coverage... A quick look at the Macquarie E-Learning Centre Of Excellence (MELCOE) turns up very little on it - Their news page is wildly out of date! No feed... WTF? $200 Gs is a lot of doe not to rate an update of the news service coming out of "an information provider about open source"...

What's the story James?

1 comment:

Wara said...

Not totally on the topic of this post but I notice that you have an interest in Open Sourse software and education. I also notice that you have formal skills in visual arts.

I'd be interested in your thoughts and use of GIMP?