Sunday, December 05, 2004

Beauty and Entertainment in Online Teaching and Learning

eGroups are a great thing to be a part of. I'm in at least 10 lists, and sometimes I find time to look at a few of them. Craig Bellamy, a Melbourne historian runs a very quirky list called Globalise This, and recently he sent around a link to a very fine piece of Flash animation about Alzheimer’s Disease.
I'm going to be collecting up these kinds of things here on Teach and Learn Online and build a strong example base for encouraging people to invest a lot more in the artistic and design aspects of their online teaching resources. I'm a multi media and Flash designer myself, so I guess I have a touch of bias - but I just can't get over the idea of online learning resources created by artists and designers. With a general script that highlights the important content, I tend to think artistic designers could vastly improve the successes of online teaching and learning simply by enhancing the resources with their eye for beautiful communication.

No comments: